Madison Square GardenTickets
Located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan is the world-famous Madison Square Garden (MSG, “the Garden”), an enormous indoor entertainment venue for the NBA, NHL, boxing, music concerts, ice shows, circuses, pro wrestling, and other sports & entertainment. Established on February 11, 1968, MSG is not only the oldest sports facility in the NY metropolitan area, but it’s also the oldest arena in the entire NHL and NBA. In 2016, it had the world’s second highest music concert ticket sales and has hosted some of the most epic performances of all time by artists like U2, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson, and many other titans of music. Border Tickets offers you tickets to all events at the Garden with a variety of seating options and no service fees—the price you see is the price you pay (plus sales tax where applicable). An unforgettable experience at Madison Square Garden is just a few clicks away! Whether you’re looking to score tickets to Billy Joel’s monthly show or to a Knicks’ game, grab your seats from Border Tickets.
About Madison Square Garden
As the host of numerous NHL, NBA, and WNBA All-Star games, the greatest names in music & comedy, and so much more, Madison Square Garden is the epitome of a cultural landmark. It’s the home of the New York Rangers of the NHL and the New York Knicks of the NBA. With a variable capacity that caps out at 20,789, the Garden’s events are nothing short of epic. As a figure in entertainment, little compares to the prestige of recognition by one of MSG’s awards, whether one is commemorated in the Walk of Fame, the Hall of Fame, granted the Golden Ticket Award, or the Platinum Ticket Award. Located atop Penn Station—the busiest rail hub in North America—Madison Square Garden is easily accessible to all.
4 Pennsylvania Plaza
New York, NY 10001, USA
History of Madison Square Garden
Since 1879, there have been four Madison Square Gardens built & subsequently demolished, each iteration significantly improving upon the last. The first venue accommodated 10,000 spectators but suffered during inclement weather due to its open roof architecture. For that reason, it was demolished after 11 years. The second MSG boasted the largest main hall in the world, permanent seating for 8,000 spectators & floor space for thousands more, the largest restaurant in the city, and much more; however, it was unsuccessful and was torn down after 35 years. The third Madison Square Garden (MSG III) seated 18,496 and hosted a number of popular events; however, it suffered from poor sight lines and ventilation issues. It stood for 43 years before the most recent Garden rose to take its place in 1968.
Although the same building has stood since 1968, it has undergone two massive renovations in 1991 and 2011-2013, costing $200 million and $1 billion respectively. The latest renovations modernized the arena with new lighting, LED video systems, interactive kiosks, climate-controlled spaces, two pedestrian walkways suspended over the arena, and so much more. This cemented the Garden’s status as “the World’s Most Famous Arena.”
With a max capacity of 5,600, the Hulu Theater offers a variety of events, such as music concerts, boxing matches, meetings, graduation ceremonies, and more. Having been a part of the Garden since its opening in 1968, the theater has gone by a number of names over the years, including the Felt Forum, the Paramount Theater, the Theater at Madison Square Garden, and the WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden. One thing has remained constant, however, and that is the Hulu Theater’s ability to draw some of the greatest names in entertainment. Visit our Hulu Theater tickets page to plan your next great night out!
Madison Square Garden Arena Policies
- Animals: Only service animals are allowed inside of MSG.
- Bags: Nonessential bags are discouraged from being brought. All bags will be subject to a thorough screening, including x-rays where available. Guests who do not have a bag may use the “No Bag Express Lines.”
- Cameras/Photography: To respect all guests, video cameras, monopods, tripods, selfie sticks, audio recording devices, and professional cameras are not permitted inside MSG. Some artists prefer a phone-free environment, and in such cases, cell phones, smart watches, cameras, and recording devices will be prohibited.
- Outside Food/Beverage: Food & beverages from outside MSG are not permitted inside.
- Prohibited Items: The following items are not allowed inside MSG:
- Laser Pens
- Pepper Spray/Mace
- Signs and Banners
- Selfie Sticks
- Video Cameras/Recording Devices
- Outside Food & Beverages
- Glass, Cans, Aluminum Bottles
- Smoking: There is no smoking (including electronic cigarettes) permitted anywhere inside Madison Square Garden, in accordance with New York City regulations.
- For a more complete, up-to-date list of Madison Square Garden policies, please visit their official website.